As a contractor you are able to take control and ownership of your career; shaping and guiding it in the way that you want, and making sure that the direction of travel is the one that you want to be heading in.
Here are some of the main reasons why many are turning to the world of contracting:
When all is said and done, the financial benefits are often a big driver behind the decision to become a contractor. For example:
- Contractors can often command a higher rate of pay than their permanent counterparts.
- As an independent contractor, you have the option of working through your own limited company, which brings with it many tax efficiencies and a better return on your hard work.
Whether you want to work every waking hour for excellent returns, or work around other important commitments in your life, the choice is yours; by being your own boss, you can choose the work and contracts that suit you.
As a contractor you are often not subjected so heavily to office politics and hierarchical struggles; allowing you to spend your day getting on with the task in hand.
- Changing contracts relatively frequently is expected, in contrast to the expectation to stay in a permanent role for some time. Contracting is therefore a great way to build up experience very quickly on your CV.
- You can gain experience in a number of different industries before deciding where your preferences lie.
- Once you start contracting it will often lead to further opportunities as you become absorbed into networking opportunities with clients, suppliers and agencies
- Contracting can be great to develop your self-esteem and confidence as you can see yourself quickly adapting between one contract role and another.
- For people who enjoy constant challenges and change, contracting can bring the necessary diversity and stimulation.
Why choose Integro Accounting?
Integro Accounting provide a fixed fee limited company accountancy service to contractors, freelancers and consultants. Integro accounting was founded on the word integrity. Clients rate us 5/5 on Google and we pride ourselves on building a completely transparent and personal relationship with our clients. For just £100 + VAT per month, you can have a partner integral to your contracting career.
- All-inclusive price – no hidden charges, one comprehensive package.
- A dedicated accountant – one person who will support you every step of the way.
- Unlimited face to face meetings – offices available across the UK.
- FREE award-winning accountancy software – a FreeAgent license provided to all clients.
- 24/7 access to your accounts – complete visibility of your accounts whenever and wherever you are.
Speak to one of our expert accountants today on 0207 0962659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help you.