You are in essence your own boss when working as a contractor and with it that can bring many financial, lifestyle and career enhancing benefits.
As a contractor you are able to take control and ownership of your career; shaping and guiding it in the way that you want, and making sure that the direction of travel is the one that you want to be heading in.
Here are some of the main reasons why many are turning to the world of contracting:
When all is said and done, the financial benefits are often a big driver behind the decision to become a contractor. For example:
- Contractors can often command a higher rate of pay than their permanent counterparts.
- As an independent contractor, you have the option of working through your own limited company, which brings with it many tax efficiencies and a better return on your hard work.
Whether you want to work every waking hour for excellent returns, or work around other important commitments in your life, the choice is yours; by being your own boss, you can choose the work and contracts that suit you.
As a contractor you are often not subjected so heavily to office politics and hierarchical struggles; allowing you to spend your day getting on with the task in hand.
- Changing contracts relatively frequently is expected, in contrast to the expectation to stay in a permanent role for some time. Contracting is therefore a great way to build up experience very quickly on your CV.
- You can gain experience in a number of different industries before deciding where your preferences lie.
- Once you start contracting it will often lead to further opportunities as you become absorbed into networking opportunities with clients, suppliers and agencies
- Contracting can be great to develop your self-esteem and confidence as you can see yourself quickly adapting between one contract role and another.
- For people who enjoy constant challenges and change, contracting can bring the necessary diversity and stimulation.
More information on being a contractor can be found at the following links:
Why Integro Accounting?
Integro Accounting is the UK’s only specialist provider of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services for contractors, consultants and freelancers that was established to an award winning standard – our Practice Manager, Maria Hickmott FCCA, won The British Accountancy Awards’ ‘Accountant of the Year’ in 2011.
We were set up with the vision of providing a service that is the ultimate for the dynamic, busy professional of today in a language you understand.
Integro Accounting have designed a bespoke service for the contractor who is always on the go; never forgetting that one size will never fit all.
The relationship you have with your accountant is the most important factor in our service which is why we will always offer unlimited contact with your own personal accountant; whether that contact is via the phone, email or face to face.
We have our 3 offices located in London, the South-West and on the Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire border. There are also meeting locations in many of the major cities and towns across the Home counties, South-West and South Wales, all conveniently placed so that you never have to travel far to meet your accountant.
If you have any questions about contracting or would like to find out more about how Integro Accounting can help you and business please call Christian on 01525 303984, email email@example.com or request a callback.